If you are a new driver or just new to the area, there are things you should keep in mind when you’re shopping around for Ohio auto insurance quotes. Not all companies are created equal so just because they are all insurance companies it doesn’t mean that they will all charge the same amount for the same coverage.
Every state requires drivers in their state to have auto insurance and every state sets their own minimum requirements for liability coverage. The amount of auto insurance that you have to have to drive in Ohio is:
- $25,000 to cover the death or injuries for one person in the other vehicle
- $50,000 to cover the deaths or injuries for more than one person in the other vehicle
- $25,000 for damages to the other vehicle or property, such as a utility pole or a traffic sign
There is other coverage that you may want to purchase at ohioinsurancequotes.net/ohio-auto-insurance-quotes/ and you can always buy coverage with higher limits than those listed above. Some of the other types of coverage available are:
- Collision coverage – this pays for damages to your car that are from an accident
- Comprehensive coverage – this covers damages to your vehicle that are not from an accident, such as from vandalism or theft.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – even though you must carry car insurance to drive here some people still try to get away without it. This will cover you if the person in the accident does not have car insurance.
- Underinsured motorist coverage – this type of insurance will cover the difference between what the other person’s insurance will pay for and what is required.
- Towing and labor – these charges can be pretty steep and are often overlooked during an accident scene.
When you are getting your Ohio auto insurance quotes make sure that you are dealing with a legitimate company. If you are not sure about them you can consult the Insurance Commission for the State of Ohio. They will let you know if there have been any complaints about this company. Make sure you check if your insurance agent is licensed as well.
Once you find someone you trust make sure to ask what kind of discounts their company offers. There are many ways you can save on your insurance. You can save just by paying your premium all at one time rather than making payments.